Department of Urban and Rural Development
SLU, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
1 PhD student in the research education subject: Landscape Architecture
Landscape Architecture Design Theory
The subject area includes research and teaching on the design process and its outcomes within the field of landscape architecture. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a qualitative and/or quantitative research agenda on the processes and products of landscape design education. This research may focus on the SLU landscape architecture programs but its ultimate aim should be international comparison across design disciplines.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute actively to strengthening the research and teaching environment at the Division of Landscape Architecture, and to shaping the development of ‘design theory’ as a distinct subject area. This will include:
• developing a long-term research project in the subject area, in collaboration with the subject area leader;
• disseminating the results of this research through publishing and conference participation in Sweden and abroad;
• contributing to teaching in the landscape architecture program;
• collaborating with researchers, teachers, and students both within and beyond SLU.
• Master level degree in landscape architecture or other environmental design discipline
• Proficiency in English
• Experience in design teaching in landscape architecture or other environmental design discipline
• Proficiency in Swedish or other Scandinavian language
SLU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A person has basic eligibility for third level education if he or she has taken a second level qualification or has completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, including at least 60 higher education credits at second level.
Selection among applicants meeting the requirements is made with reference to written application including curriculum vitae, copies of degrees and transcripts of academic records, one copy of the dissertation for masters or undergraduate degree, a list of at least two references familiar with the applicant's qualifications, certified knowledge of the English language and an interview.
Read more about the PhD education in the Handbook for postgraduate students
Read about the PhD education at SLU at www.slu.se/en/education/programmes-courses/postgraduate-studies/
Apply using this APPLICATION FORM
Attach to application:
• CV listing relevant education, experience, and publications
• Statement of purpose outlining your interest in the position (in English)
• Names and contact information of two (2) academic and/or professional references
Bruno Santesson, Head of Division +46(0)18672519
Academic union representatives:
SACO Saco-S föreningen SLU +46 (0)18 67 10 85 SEKO Linda Thörnström +46 (0)18 67 10 57
ST Lotta Olsson +46 (0)18 67 15 36
Forms for funding or employment
Employment as PhD student 4 years