The ECLAS Conference 2016 took place from 11-14th of September 2016 at the HSR Hochschule für Technik in Rapperswil, Switzerland and was organised in cooperation with hepia Genève.
220 participants from 30 countries joined the conference under the theme “Bridging the Gap”.
The event was opened by Hermann Mettler, principal of HSR Rapperswil and followed by welcome speeches of Martin Klöti, president of canton St Gallen, Erich Zoller, mayor of the city of Rapperswil-Jona, Simon Bell, ECLAS President as well as the OK members Michael Jakob from hepia Genève and Peter Petschek & Dominik Siegrist from HSR Rapperswil.
Five keynote speakers introduced their approach to “Bridging the Gap”:
- Chris Reed – Assoc. Prof. in Practice of Landscape Architecture, Harvard University, Boston/US
- Paolo L. Bürgi – Landscape Architect, Studio Bürgi, Camorino/Switzerland; adjunct professor of Landscape Architecture, University of Pennsylvania; professor, Istituto Universitario di Architettura di Venezia and Politecnico di Milano in dialogue with Raffaella Fabiani Giannetto, Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia/US
- Noel Kingsbury – Freelance Garden and Planting Design, United Kingdom
- Jörg Rekittke – Professor and Deputy Dean, Landscape Architecture, School of Architecture and Design, RMIT University, Melbourne/AUS
- Matthias Stremlow – Federal Office for the Environment FOEN, Rural Areas Section, Bern/Switzerland
120 presentations were held by participants in parallel session of the following sub-themes:
- Landscape Design
- Landscape Planning
- Planting Design
Side events included a visit to the ENEA tree museum, a poster session, the heads of schools meeting with dinner, a conference dinner as well as optional excursions.
Please find here the Conference Proceedings (Dropbox - no login required) as well as some impressions of the ECLAS Conference 2016.
We would like to thank ECLAS, HSR Rapperswil and hepia Genève, our sponsors, (media) partners, welcome and keynote speakers as well as all participants for making this great conference possible!
ECLAS 2016 Organizing Committee